Ana Muñoz. Biography.
Born 20th May 1956.
- Degree in Medicine (University of Zaragoza, Spain, 1979)
- High Degree in Guitar (Superior Conservatory of Music of San Sebastian, Spain, 2001)
- Degree in History and Sciences of Music (Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Logroño, Spain, 2006)
- Broad practice as casualty, clinics and paediatric wards of several hospitals in three African countries (Republic of Equatorial Guinea, Mozambique and Kenya), and in government and NGO's international cooperation projects.
- Experience in the area of graphic design, layouts and advertising for optical and pharmaceutical companies.
- A variety of responsibilities within the pharmaceutical industry as marketing medical advisor and scientific director responsible for research, development, innovation, clinical research, medical department and pharmacovigilance unit.
- Drawing and painting, different techniques (charcoal, pastel, ink, watercolour, oil). Exhibitions:
. "African scenes" (individual, 2nd March – 1st April 2012, Itxaso Gallery, Zaragoza, Spain)
. "Early glances" (individual, 27th October - 28th November 2012, Itxaso Gallery, Zaragoza, Spain)
. "Intimacy and splendour" (individual, 3rd-28th May 2013, Itxaso Gallery, Zaragoza, Spain)
. Meeting of watercolour painters "Laspaúles" organized by Watercolour Painters Group of Aragon (13rd -15th September 2013)
. "20 years of art" (collective exhibition of Watercolour Aragonese Group, 30th October - 8th December 2013)
. "XXXII Competition of Small Format" (Collective competition and exhibition of the Spanish Association of Painters and Sculptors, 18th - 29th November 2013) . "Spring Venue 2014" (collective competition and exhibition of the Watercolour Painters Group of Aragon, 29th April - 16th May 2014). Second Award for the artwork tittled: "The others".
. Meeting of watercolour painters "La Ribagorza 2014" organized by Spanish Watercolour Painters Group, 18th - 21st June 2014. Realism Award in the Quick Painting Contest of Graus.
. "Multiverses: famous and ignored" (individual, 6th June -29th June 2014, Itxaso Gallery, Zaragoza, Spain)
. "CALENDAR AEDA 2015". Collective exhibition of artworks presented to the contest "Calendar 2015". From 1st to 15th October 2014, at AEDA, 12, Benito Castro St. Madrid, Spain.
. VII Edition of Painting Prize of Zaragoza Veterinary College. Collective exhibition with artworks selected to take part in the contest. From 2nd to 11th OCtober 2014 at Aragon Art Group, 23 Lagasca St, Zaragoza, Spain.
. Painting Prize "Peña Solera", organized by Aragon Art Group. Collective exhibition with artworks selected to take part in the contest. From 16th to 25 October 2014 at Aragon Art Group, 23 Lagasca St., Zaragoza, Spain.
."Autumn Venue 2014 of AADA". Collective exhibition with artworks selected to take part in the contest. From 29th October to 15 November 2014, at Joaquin Roncal Centre, 5-7 San Braulio St, Zaragoza, Spain.
. Small Format AEDA.
. XXXIII Small Format Contest of AEPE.
. "ALL AEDA".
. IV Watercolour Ibero-american Biennal Iberoamericana 2015. Collective exhibition of 100 paintings by artists from 8 countries. Honourable Mention to "The blessed veil of experience". From 4th March until 5th April 2015, at Exhibition's Hall of Casa de la Moneda, 36 Dr. Esquerdo Street, Madrid, Spain.
. "Interfaces". Individual exhibition at "Esteve Botey" hall, 12 Benito Castro Street, Madrid. From 16th until 31st March 2015
. Spring Venue 2015 AADA. Collective exhibition of selected works for this contest. Honourable Mention for the watercolour entitled "Silk".
. Painting demonstration at AEDA. 10th April 2015.
. Spring Venue 2015 AEDA. Colective exhibition of selected works for this contest. From 30th April until 18th May 2015 at exhibitions hall of Casa del Reloj, Madrid. Honourable Mention for the watercolour painting entitled "The age of enlightenment".
. Painting demonstration at AADA. 8th May 2015.
. Collective international exhibition and watercolour symposium of ICWS, Llansa (Gerona), Spain. September 2015.
"Associations". Individual exhibition of 43 walnut ink and watercolour paintings at shop of frames and decoration Marisa Cervantes, 6 Paseo de la Constitución, Zaragoza, Spain.
. Portrait workshop in AEDA October 2015.
. Exhibition of the contest for AEDA Calendar 2015. October 2015.
. Autumn venue AADA. November 2015.
. Collective exhibition of Valencia Watercolour Group. December 2015.
. "Travelling". Individual exhibition at "Esteve Botey" hall, 12 Benito Castro Street, Madrid. From 11th until 24th March 2016
. Spring Venue AADA. Collective exhibition of selected artworks for this contest. From 21st April until 12th May 2016. At exhibitions hall of Aragon Artistic Group, 23 Lagasca street, Zaragoza (Spain).
. Spring Venue AEDA. Collective exhibition of selected artworks for this contest. From 28th April until 14th May 2016, at exhibitions hall "La Lonja" of Casa del Reloj (Paseo de la Chopera, s/n. Madrid, España). Winner of "Sennelier" award.
. Portrait workshop with saturated wet technique. From 14th until 16th June 2016.
. "Silver Jubilee". Individual exhibition of 56 portraits of guitarists which have taken part of the teaching faculty at the International Classical Guitar Festival of West Dean since its inception in 1991. From 20th until 26th August 2016 at West Dean College, Chichester, United Kingdom.
. Collective exhibition of selected artworks organized by AEDA. At the Artistic, Literary and Scientific Centre of Granada, Granada, Spain. From 4th until 18th November 2016.
. Collective international exhibition at the XIX International Watercolour Symposium, Avignon, France. From 17th November until 12th December 2016.
. Autumn venue AADA. Collective exhibition at School of Arts, 5 Maria Zambrano Street, Zaragoza, Spain. From 18th November until 12th December 2016.
- Music: several guitar recitals.
- Literature: Author of 4 novels, a poetry book, a short stories book and a tale for children, all not published up to now. The short stories book, only Spanish version, "Cuentos de otros lugares" is available in Kindle format at Amazon (https://www.amazon.es/Cuentos-otros-lugares-Ana-Muñoz-ebook/dp/B00813AQYI/), as well as one of the novels entitled "Ecos de Calabazas" (https://www.amazon.es/Ecos-Calabazas-Ana-Muñoz-ebook/dp/B017TF4OKA/), of which a German version is also available (https://www.amazon.es/Das-Echo-Kürbisse-German-Muñoz-ebook/dp/B017WTF8VC/). One of the novels, entitled "Objetos de ida y vuelta" is available in paperback format also in Spanish version (https://www.amazon.es/Objetos-ida-vuelta-Ana-Muñoz/dp/150896632X/)
- Photography. It has been a source of pleasure along the whole life, indispensable while travelling or wandering.